Monday, December 13, 2010

When I Found Out....

Hey Hey Hey....its LaTika reporting here.  Of course, when a woman finds out for the first time that she is pregnant there is the inital shock, followed excitement and then more shock.  Well, at least that was my case.  So here's how it happened.

I was visiting a church that I used to attend here in Houston, TX on a Wednesday night and ran into a friend of ours.  We chatted a bit and commented on how good it was to see one another after sometime.  Then out of no where, he stops and says "You pregnant!"  Just like that!    At first I was like, "Heard that before, " but he was adamant about it.  He has three children and one on the way so he is sure he knows what a pregnant woman looks like....lol.  I think to myself, how does a pregnant woman look?  All I can think of is FAT!!!!!  Big bellied...you know what I'm talking about.  I go on with my day, the rest of my week, giving no thought to it.

The next week approaches and I dtill don't give much thought to actually being pregnant.  I had it on my mind to prepare for a pageant that I wanted to participate in May 2011.  Before I began to fully prepare for the pageant, I wanted to be sure that I was not pregnant (because the possibility was never out ruled).  I had a pregnancy test in my cabinet from earlier this year.  Let me tell you, there was a point that I was so anxious (too anxious) about getting pregnant that I used or misued a box of pregnancy tests a month.  For those of you that do not know (men) they come two to a box.  So anywho, I believe it was Thursday, November 9th, 2010 when I pulled out this test, out of sheer curiousty, and took it.   I was so skeptical about being pregnant that I put it straight back in the box without viewing the results and placed back in the cabinet.  I actually felt a bit foolish becuase I had done this so many times before so I was really hiding the contents from Rashid so he wouldn't think I was crazy...lol.  I went on with my evening completely forgetting about the test until the next day.  When I got home from work that Friday I remembered that it was in my cabinet.  I wanted to go ahead and discard of its contents.  After all, there was no use in harboring a negative pregnancy test filled with urine any longer.  So as I get the box and began to remove its contents....BAM!!!!  TWO LINES....TWO LINES!!!!  Do you hear me!  That meant I was pregnant!  I hit the floor.  I was wavering between excitement and a bit of delirium.  I did not know if I should scream or cry.  I think I did a bit of both.

I called a girl friend of mine, who happened to have a spare test.  I went over to her placed and took that test also.  Low and behold....TWO LINES!!!!  AGAIN!  I just couldn't get away from this thing...lol.  I think that pretty much confirmed it.  That was Friday, November 10th.  It is still all a bit surreal to me.  I don't think I will really start to believe it until I begin to see that bump.  Many say that the first trimester (3 months) are pivotal because miscarriages are more common that one would think.  However, I believe that the Lord will protect the seed and bring our beautiful baby to full term.

I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, December 14th.   I will let you know how that goes.  I may not find out how far along and a due date at this appointment because it is only my family prac. doctor.  I am hoping she can refer to me to a good OB/GYN. 

Until next time,


LaTika

No comments:

Post a Comment